javascript:void(0)

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Happy Summer!

I hope you are all enjoying the summer. I certainly am! I love the lazy days of summer when the kids are out of school and we get to sleep in every morning. Although sleeping in at our house means waking up at 7:00 or 7:30am instead of 6:00 or 6:30am.

I have a couple shares for the day. First, here's a layout I made with Anna Griffin papers. Thanks Michelle at A Million Memories for sending me these lovely papers to play with! This wonderful photo of my girls was taken by Melissa Walker-Scott.

Photobucket

I played along with the monthly challenge on The Next Step challenge blog. The challenge this month was "Making Your Mark on Patterned Paper." Since I'm a blingy, pearl-loving kind of girl, I decided to make my mark on the Anna Griffin background paper by adding rhinestones and liquid pearls to the pattern. I also cut out the flowers from the paper and added lots of shimmery Shimmerz paint (I used Choc-o-lot, Key Lime, Fire Engine Red) and Blingz (Under the Sea).

Photobucket

Second, I just wanted to share some fun news. One of my layouts is in the July issue of Scrapbooks, Etc. I used products from A Million Memories kit from last year.



This layout is very different from my normal style, but sometimes it's fun to go "clean and simple." Thanks for letting me share!!

10 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

congrats on the pub, totally RAWKING!!!!

Love your layout!! You really did those Anna G papers incredible justice!! the photos are too too precious!!!

Nancy D. said...

More beautiful lo's Stacy!...congrats on the pub!

Lucy Edson said...

Wow!! This is gorgeous, Stacy!! Love your idea to use the bling to alter your paper!!

Congrats on your pub!! :D

fausta said...

wonderful page , fantastic
MAGNIFIQUE J'adore !!!
bises de France

Anonymous said...

You amaze me with your talent! The detail on your work, to the creative designs you produce. You need to teach me how to scrap :D
Many Blessings~~
Danielle Wycough

Unknown said...

Congrats on the pub! Yeah for you! And your LO is beautiful. What a cool idea to add pearls! Love that! Thanks for playing along!

Rochelle Spears said...

Loving layout Stacey and congrats! I saw the layout in SB Etc. a while ago and recognized your work right away! :)

Christine said...

Gorgeous layout, Stacey! I just love how you added the bling and liquid pearls on the background paper...so creative, and absolutely beautiful! I'm gonna have to try that technique soon!

Congratulations on your pub! It's well deserved! :)

Blessings,
Christine

Marcie said...

Congrats on SBE! Well deserved!

Lisa Spiegel said...

congrats on the pub, it looks great!