javascript:void(0)

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

"Anything but the kitchen sink" challenge at A Million Memories.

If you're looking for the Shimmerz blog hop post, just scroll down to the post below! Thanks for stopping by!!

I'm hosting the current Design Team challenge over at A Million Memories. It's called "Anything but the kitchen sink," and the challenge is to create a layout using at least one non-scrapbooking item found in a kitchen. Here's my page:


Here's what I used:

*COFFEE FILTERS -- I cut and punched flowers from coffee filters. I sprayed and painted them with Shimmerz paint and Spritz, then I layered the flowers on top of each other.
*CHEESECLOTH -- I cut out flower shapes and added them to my coffee filter flowers *PLASTIC COFFEE CAN LID -- I punched flowers and cut out leaves from the plastic lids, then I colored the plastic with alcohol ink and Staz-On ink.
*INSTANT COFFEE -- I mixed a little instant coffee with gesso and painted around the edges of the photos. The plain white gesso was a little too stark for my Photoshopped photos so the added coffee grounds helped tone down the color a bit.
*TWINE FROM THE KITCHEN JUNK DRAWER -- I hand-stitched the twine around the border of the layout, then I painted it with Shimmerz for a little sparkle.
*CARDBOARD COFFEE CUP JACKET/INSULATOR -- I punched a couple little butterflies out of the cardboard, then I added some Stickles and pearls. Thanks Michelle at AMM for letting me play with these great My Little Yellow Bicycle papers!!

This challenge runs through June 27th and everyone is welcome to join in! I'm giving away a beautiful assortment of lace -- over 20 yards! -- to the lucky winner of this challenge (the winner will be chosen randomly from all the participants). Come play!!

Also, A Million Memories has a sale going on right now. Just enter the code 2121 at checkout and receive 20% off your order (kit subscriptions not included).

10 comments:

Peggy said...

beautiful page! love how creative you were with now scrappy items.

Laura said...

Beautiful layout Stacy!

Marcie said...

Beautiful page and love all the different elements you used!

Kristi B. said...

nice! I love the flowers, pearls & mixed up title. :)

Rochelle Spears said...

wow!! I an just amazed how you can use all those kitchen items and can't even tell!! You are amazing! Great Layouts!

steph devlin said...

Stacey, your layouts are just so elegant and beautiful. Thanks so much for the inspiration !! Congrats on the tinee tiny toot. That would have been such a wonderful feeling.
Steph xo

kate blue said...

I'm with you on the LO! Great idea using purple, not many people can do that color-fantastic!

fausta said...

oh which splendid page,
all these small details on the coffee…
It is delicate and so romantic
I adore once more
kisses of France

Rosa B. said...

love the layout! the colors are great!

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous of your work, absolutely fabulous. The java page, unbelieveable as to your creativity. Again fabulous.
Look forward to seeing more.