javascript:void(0)

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Playing with Shimmerz

I'm having a ball playing with the beautiful, sparkly Shimmerz paints! The wheels are turning in my head with different ideas about how I can use these wonderful paints on different things. Here's a layout I just finished. I couldn't resist making another clothes line with the cute little dresses cut from the Graphic 45 "Playtimes Past" paper collection.


I painted the little dresses with Shimmerz paints (Celery, December Sky and Royal Red) to give them a little sparkle. Here's a close-up:


I'm also thrilled to share a pub toot! I started submitting my work at the end of last year, and the first of my layouts that was picked up for publication has come out in print. It's on the page 72 of the March/April issue of Memory Makers:


It was exciting to see my layout in print for the first time. I'll have some other layouts in the magazines in the upcoming months too.

Lastly, here are a couple sneak peaks of the layout class I'll be teaching at Millie Papercrafts scrapbooking store on Sunday, March 22nd. If you're in the neighborhood . . .



That's all for today! Thanks for stopping by!!!!

14 comments:

Marcie said...

Congrats on the pub Stacy!!!

Gabrielle said...

Super cute LO! I've never tried Shimmerz...you'll have to bring some at the end of the month! :)

Maria said...

congrats on the PUB! Love those little dresses on the clothesline!

Lauren said...

Fabulous layout! I love the little clothes pins and congrats on your pub.!! Have a great weekend!

Tagnia said...

Congrats on the pub...beautiful projects

Lisa Spiegel said...

Congrats on the pub! The layout class looks fantastic, too..although I've never heard of that store! Where is it?

Stacy Cohen said...

Thanks, ladies! Lisa, to answer your question, Millie Papercrafts is on La Brea Blvd. just South of Beverly Blvd. It's a fairly new store -- I just discovered it myself a few months ago.

Carol Weimer said...

Such beautiful layouts. I'd love to see the Shimmerz up close and play with them. Congrats on the publications too. Such a great week for you!!

Lucy Edson said...

Pretty, pretty!! The Shimmerz added a beautiful glimmer to the dresses!

And those sneaks are so gorgeous! Wish I was close enough to take a class with you! Congrats on your pub! :)

Sue Lui said...

Congrats on making it to the G45 design team Stacey!!! Looking forward to being on the same DT with you! :)

Anonymous said...

I just mosied over to the Graphic45 blog to look for a friend of mine and saw you on the list of DT! HUGE congrats to you, you totally deserve it!

Karen said...

Conrats on making Graphic 45 design team!! WHHHOOO HOOOOOOO

Kristi B. said...

how did I miss this post!? I'm off to see if there are still openings for your class Stacy. If there are..I am so there! :o)

Unknown said...

Awesome layout. Just had to run grab my copy of the mag and check it out. Congrats on being pubbed!