javascript:void(0)

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Happy Tuesday!

I had a fantastic time this past weekend at the Scrap Retreat House. It's a new scrap retreat house located in the French Valley area of Riverside, California. It was the grand opening weekend, and Christine and her husband have done everything in the house top notch! The house was beautiful, the scrapbooking tools were plentiful, and the accommodations were GREAT!

The best part of the weekend was the company I shared. We laughed until our sides ached. I didn't get much sleep and I only got two pages done the whole weekend, but I had a great time chatting and sharing stories. Thanks, ladies!!

Here's one of the layouts I made this weekend. I used goodies from the March kit from A Million Memories. I started with a piece of corrugated cardboard, tore it, then painted it with blue and green paint. I "borrowed" some dry wall tape from my husband's tool closet (sshhhhhhhhhhhhh, don't tell him), and I used that as a mask to get the little grid design on the cardboard. I then sprayed over the paint with several colors of Glimmer Mist to add some sparkle. I thought the rough and tumble cardboard would provide a nice contrast to the hand stitching, flowers, pearls and bling . . . a little masculine mixed with feminine . . .


One last thing to share for today . . . Graphic 45 has a great new ning site! Here's the link: Graphic 45. All you Graphic 45 fans can upload your own Graphic 45 projects and chat with other Graphic 45 fans and the Design Team members. Come check it out. We'd love to have you!!

6 comments:

Scrap Retreat House at French Valley, CA said...

Oh my goodness, Stacy! That layout is simply GORGEOUS!!! I remember you doing the stitching this past weekend at the retreat house and loved what you were doing, but didn't get a chance to see the finished product. Now that I have, all I can say is WOW, WOW, WOW!!! I love all of the details that you've put into this, and I'm certain that your daughter will treasure it.

Thank you for your sweet words about our retreat house! Ron and I loved having you as a guest, and we look forward to another visit from you soon, I hope! The next time I'll be sure to save a spot for myself so I don't miss out on all of the fun! ;-D

Hugs and blessings,
Christine

Rochelle Spears said...

LOVE... LOVE this layout! Wow!!!! Stacy you are the bomb! :)

Gabrielle said...

Love how the LO turned out! Everything you were working on turned out FANTASTIC!

I had a great time this weekend and enjoyed getting to know you and hope to scrap again sometime soon!

CONGRATS ON AMM!

Nancy D. said...

Beautiful lo as always Stacy...love the colors!

Michelle McGee said...

That is gorgeous!

Tyson Harold said...

Nice post.