javascript:void(0)

Monday, January 24, 2011

Snaggletooth

The tooth fairy has been very busy at our house recently.  There's been a mass exodus of teeth from Danielle's mouth during the last couple of weeks.   I . . . ahem . . . I mean the tooth fairy . . . can barely keep up!  Every time Danielle looses a tooth, she gets a handwritten and decorated note from the tooth fairy, some fairy dust sprinkled around her pillow, and of course, some money.  The poor tooth fairy is going to go broke!   Danielle still has one more loose tooth in the center of her mouth.  I affectionately call her "Snaggletooth."  Ugh . . . there I go again dating myself with old cartoon references.  Here's a picture of my sweet little Snaggletooth:


And let me tell you what my sweet Danielle wanted to do with all her money.  One day at school they showed the kids a video about the devastation in Haiti and the stagnate relief efforts.  Seeing all the homeless children really struck a cord with Danielle.  So the other night she came to me with all the money she had been saving in her piggy bank (around $40+), and she said she wanted to give it to the children in Haiti because they need it more than she does.  I was so proud of her!!  I praised her for her generosity and caring heart.  I could see that while she was happy to be helping out those in need, she was also a little sad about giving up her entire savings.  So I suggested that rather than donate all her money, she could give a small amount and Daddy and I would kick in some money to supplement the donation.  That made her happy.  I'm a proud mama!

Here's another little project I made for the Prima booth at CHA last summer.   I bought this little evening bag for $1.00 at my local flea market.  It was missing a couple rhinestones on the front, but otherwise it was in excellent condition.

Here it is after I embellished it with lovely Prima flowers, leaves, rhinestones and pearls:

Soon I'll be posting some of the projects I made for Winter CHA coming up this weekend.

Last but not least, it's time to announce the winner of the most recent blog giveaway.  The winner of Creating Keepsakes new special issue:  The Organized & Inspired Scrapper, is MELISSA!   Congrats Melissa!  I'll contact you to get your address, or feel free to email me with it.  Thanks for playing along, everyone!  

11 comments:

Nay and Gilly said...

Beautiful Bag and your DD looks like my Milly at the moment she has 6 teeth missing and she looked like a vampire for awhile too lol!

Christiane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christiane said...

oh my, danielle is such a cutie!!! she looks great!! ;)
and again i wish i could be a girl again!! your bag is soo creative!!

hilde janbroers said...

wow!! love that purse!! And the photo is soooo cute! we have the same over here with Amy. So funny!

Jocelyn said...

Oh boy......Evan has finally gotten his two front teeth in and lost the two next to them...the teeth look so huge and a big gap in the middle!!! I just adore the pic of your little one!!!

WOWA!!!!! I adore that bag....

Wishing you a great day!!!

Bente Fagerberg said...

Love the new look for the purse. With that one I could go to any party!
Danielle looks too cute. My ten year-old is just growing intoher teeth. The new ones seem so big! I too have a few funny PICS. So ADORABLE!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful purse, love how you altered it and love your work!

Anonymous said...

My niece was in the state with her teeth last summer when she visited...we called her "nanny mcphee"!!

LOVE that purse...your work is always so beautiful!

Melissa said...

YEAH!!!! I never win anything! Thanks Stacy, I'll e-mail you my info.

Casey Wright said...

Awe! what a sweet picture! Also, I'm loving the purse - you made it look beautiful!

liana suwandi said...

Yeah... I remember your pretty bag, and look at your girl, such a cutie!