javascript:void(0)

Monday, March 15, 2010

Happy Birthday to my not-so-little girl and some AMM kit layouts to share

Today is my oldest daughter's 8th birthday.  Seriously?  I'm saying this in the same intonation as my now 8-going-on-15-year-old daughter would say it (with a little bit of teen-like attitude thrown in):  SERIOUSLY??  Where in the world does the time go??   This morning as we were standing side-by-side in front of the bathroom mirror getting ready together (I swear she grew another inch last night while she slept!), I remembered our morning routine when she was a little baby . . . I used to set up a soft blanket and baby toys on the bathroom rug next to me, and she would happily play alongside me while I got ready.  Time flies!  Before I know it she'll be off to college.  *sigh*   In any event, it's shaping up to be a nice birthday for her.  We made her breakfast in bed, and then I'm bringing donuts to school for her class birthday celebration.   We'll have a nice birthday dinner tonight, and then I need to start preparing myself for her slumber party this coming weekend.  Happy Birthday, my sweet girl!

Turning to scrappy stuff, here are the layouts I made with the A Million Memories March kit:

I added some Prima flowers and colored them with Shimmerz paint and Spritz.

This next layout features pictures of my younger daughter on the day before her 6th birthday last year:
The journaling on this "Stay 5" layout says:  I took these photos of you on the day before your sixth birthday. I must have taken at least 50 photos that day. I think it was my feeble attempt to try and freeze time. It’s not that I don’t enjoy watching you grow into a lovely little lady, it’s just that I wish you would slow down a bit. As I was snapping all those photos I kept thinking, “Can’t you please stay five for just one more day?” 

This last one was based on the monthly sketch created by the very talented Rachel Hall:

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week!

21 comments:

Casey Wright said...

Stacy - these are absolutely beautiful! You inspire me to get better at my craft! Also - love the stuff in CK of yours - just lovely!

Brenda Hurd said...

Beautiful projects!! Congrats on the Lily Bee Design team - can't wait to get to know you better! And Happy Birthday to your little one!

Lynn said...

Lovely layouts as usual!!!
I'm looking forward to your designs for AMM every month and you've never failed me!!

Darien said...

Happy Birthday to you and your beautiful daughter!!! Love you pages!!!

LollyChops said...

Happy birthday to your daughter!

I am in love with these pages Stacy! They have so much texture! wow!

Keshet said...

These pages are stunning!

Zarah said...

Wow... You ROCK! I'll SOOOOO borrow the rolled-fringe-idea if I may? :)

Mel said...

Wow these layouts are truly magnificent, I just love the one with your gorgeous daughters on the beach, and yes where does the time go, makes you so glad we are scrappers so we can look back on time standing still for a bit.

Pearl said...

wow ! Stacy ! i just love how you wowed using geometric shapes on the layouts here ! just gorgeous !

Stacey Michaud said...

seriously beautiful stuff!!! congrats on Lilly Bee too!

my paper love studio said...

just adore these... and love the stitching on the last one! gorgeous! love your work!!!

Tomoko said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet one:) My girl turned 2 on the 15th too. And beautiful pages!!!!!!! Love all of them!!!

xxx

Mieke said...

I know, they are growing up way too fast. I was sitting on the couch with my 10 yr old DD yesterday watching Oprah and talking about addictions. Aaahhhh...
Your layouts are so pretty. Especially the first one is so stunning!

Lu Zischler said...

HI! I loved the title "Stay 5 one more day"... My little boy gotta 3 yesterday! I guess I will lfit your title idea... Could I?

Your LOs are very lovely works!

Rita Barakat said...

Gorgoeus, gorgeous, gorgeous! Fantatic lo's Stacy!

Christiane said...

happy belated birthday to your sweetie!!
and hey, paper must love you!! ;)
hugs!!

jaz lee said...

Love Love Love them!!! Just too lovely!!! and a Blessed Birthday to you dearest daughter from aunt Jaz ;)
luv,jaz

Linda Beeson said...

Wowie on some really cool details! LOVE the curled edges on the first layout.

Cris Cunningham said...

Wow! So glad I found your blog Stacy! Your work is abulous, and your daughter is so precious. Congrats on making Lily Bee!!! xoxo

Angela said...

Loving your style Stacey!! the texture on the first layout, the 'spritz' of color on the third...thanks for sharing your talent!!

Darlene S. said...

WOW!!! Your work is so inspirational!!! BEAUTIFUL!