javascript:void(0)

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Budget-friendly flowers

Here's a two-page layout that I created for a Creating Keepsakes "Budget Tips" article about using everyday items to create page accents. 

As seen in the Creating Keepsakes' Scrapbooking Tips & Tricks: Fabulous Flowers, 2011.  Copyright Creative Crafts Group.  Posted with prior permission from the publisher.

I created the flowers using ink-colored cupcake liners for the petals, a glittered metal washer for a glammed up center, and alcohol ink-stained leaves that I cut from a coffee can lid. 


Take a look around your house and see what items you can find to create some fun accents!

9 comments:

Romy said...

Your layout is just gorgeous! And your flowers turned out so pretty. I love the added bling!

krcmasterpiece said...

What a great reuse of items! Turned out great. I'll be giving that a try with the cupcake liners, washers & glitter! Can't pass it up. Too cool.

Blossom inch said...

cool two pages layout! Nice!

Patricia said...

this flowers are so beautiful.. this page is gorgeous!

Ella Swan said...

Fantastic! Wow - they look absolutely GORGEOUS!!

Meital said...

What an amazing page! I just love those crochet touches, I'm did it also in some layouts, but t takes me so much time :):) Youre probably so much patience than me :)

I got here through Dafi's blog, and after a brief scan of your blog (the dictionary found the phrase - " cursory glance"), I really like your work!
I'm following you on google-reader, and just waiting to see some more of your great work :):)

Scrapowe Sosasowisko said...

Lovely layout! These flowers are perfect.

Cynthia Lloréns said...

I just love those pages...they look so gorgeus !!! I love the added bling!!!The flowers are gorgeus and the crochet touch is the most in every page that you do!!!!
I will send a big email......I work to hard in those fell days !!!
Have a wonderful weekend.
Kisses and huges
Cynthia

Jamilie said...

Such a great idea!! I LOVE flowers! Fabulous job!