javascript:void(0)

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Altered embroidery hoops + Prima blog feature


I'm going to keep this post short and sweet because I have a very long post on the Prima blog today where I'm the featured Design Team member.  I've shared some little tidbits about myself along with a couple projects and a tutorial.  Here is one of the projects you'll see there.  It's a set of altered embroidery hoops that I made for Prima's CHA booth. 


I cut three circles out of white fabric and misted them with a rainbow of colors. I then added a plethora of color-coordinated flowers, leaves, a butterfly and a bird from the beautiful new collections. I plan to hang these on my scraproom wall.


I also shared a quick and easy tutorial on the Prima blog showing a fun way to use Prima's new cotton Writer's tape.  Go check it out!!  Here's the link to my post:   Prima's Writer's Tape tutorial.


8 comments:

Romy said...

Oh wow, these are gorgeous! Such wonderful work!

Casey Wright said...

What a great project! I love the vivid colors~ Thanks for sharing it with us!

Unknown said...

These are beautiful Stacy!

Jessy Christopher said...

GORGEOUS with a capital G!!

krcmasterpiece said...

Absolutely love your hoops! The colors are so sharp!
Going to look great on your wall.

Lisa VanderVeen said...

These are SO PRETTY Stace!!!

Kim J said...

Amazing, Stacy! Love the vibrant color. :)

Yolande (pronounced you-land-a) said...

These embroidery hoops are amazing...an incredibly beatiful addition to any wall... :)