javascript:void(0)

Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer is officially here!

Summer is officially here! My girls are out of school and we didn't have to wake up at the crack of dawn this morning. Yay!!!

I was feeling very emotional about my youngest daughter graduating from kindergarten last Friday. It made me acutely aware of how quickly time passes, and I've been missing the days when my girls were really little. My 8-year-old daughter is way past the little girl phase and she acts more like a teenager most days (but she's adorable, nonetheless).  Luckily my youngest is still very much a little girl -- she still loves dolls, pink and princess stuff (actually, I don't think she really likes princess stuff anymore, but she says she does just to humor me). She's such a sweetheart . . . when I commented on how my "little girls were growing up," she responded, "Mommy, I'm ONLY 6, not 20!!"  True!  Most importantly, this transition time reminded me of how quickly time passes and how important it is to enjoy each and every day with my family and to be grateful for all the good stuff in life. This is something I'm going to try and be more consciously aware of on a daily basis.

On a scrapbook related note, I realized that I have a quite a few layouts that I haven't yet posted here, so I'll slowly be playing catch-up. Here's a sketch I created for a challenge at the A Million Memories online crop last month:

And here's the layout I made based on my sketch.  I used Cosmo Cricket papers and chipboard:
 
Yes, she's still my little girl (and always will be!)


Have a great week!

15 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

Beautiful photos and what a glorious sketch and layout, sigh... so so so fabulous

Sorelinha Arte em Papel said...

Perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Great sketch .. and yes time does fly!

Keshet said...

Love the page....and what a sweet post:)

Sarah Lou said...

I wish summer was here!! we are freezing our butts off!!!!! that layout is far tooooo perfect!!! I love the layered ribbonish scallopish effect!!!!
The rate kids grow is crazy, Im sure I only just turned my back fro a second and now they are not babies anymore!!!

Jocelyn said...

Oh this one is just Perfect!!! I love the bright colors and the pic....she is stunning!!!

Wishing you a Fabulous Day!!!

inger synnøve said...

beautiful LO:) and a great sketch:)

Fabi Ormerod said...

They will always be our little ones Stacy!!! lol...very cute girl you have and great layout, I love Cosmo and its colours :) XX from Brazil.

LollyChops said...

I just love your work!!! Every single thing you do just blows me away!

HUGS Stacy!

Janinek said...

That is priceless what your daughter said! I love it and yes they do grow up so fast and it seems like it gets faster all the time.

Christiane said...

ahhh, we have two more weeks to go!!! really, time flies!!
your page pops out of my screen here!!
love it!!

Suzzi said...

Thank you so much for all your talent. Even more that you put a sketch with it. I really like that addition. Keep 'em coming an it might getting me more crafting.

Congrats on the design team. You deserve it.

Darien said...

The photos are Beautiful!!!!! And What a perfect lo!!!!! As Always!!!

sarah said...

what a cute cute cute layout! :) great colors!

hugs,
sarah.

Manon Keir said...

Gorgeous!!!!