javascript:void(0)

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Shimmerz

I love playing around with Shimmerz' mists and gauze.  Just take some regular household gauze and color it with Shimmerz (Spritz, Vibez, etc.), and you can create a variety of beautiful page accents. You can use the sprayed gauze as a dreamy-looking page background, or twist it and use it like you would ribbon or trim.  I used the Shimmerz'd gauze to make the rolled flowers on this page for Creating Keepsakes' new Fabulous Flowers special issue:
 
As seen in Creating Keepsakes' 2011 Tips & Tricks: Fabulous Flowers.  Copyright Creative Crafts Group.  Published with prior permission from the publisher. 

I used Cotton Candy Spritz and Razzle Dazzle Berry Vibez to color the gauze:

On another note, in a continued attempt to re-focus things in my life and make more time for my family, I'm stepping down from the Shimmerz design team at the end of this month.  I've been fortunate to have been on the Shimmerz DT for over two years now, and it's been an absolute pleasure!!  I got to play with all the fabulous Shimmerz products AND I made some great friends along the way.   I'm very grateful to Stacey and Dave (the creative masterminds behind Shimmerz) for this wonderful opportunity!!

10 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Just Beautiful Stacy!!!

Love this one!!!!

Just wanted to let you know I completed another class...it is was so much fun!!!

I will posting a pic of my LO tomorrow....

Wishing you a wonderful day!!!

Yolande (pronounced you-land-a) said...

Oh wow...gorgeous. Love your rolled flowers and how you misted them..really superb.

Mel said...

Oh wow, gorgeous, words cannot explain, I just got my latest magazine Creating Keepsakes and was honoured to be featured in the Australian section, wow, you are my idol, so stunning and I totally understand why you are standing down, my little man has made me do the very same thing, only on 1 DT. Melxx

scrapbookertink said...

Gorgeous layout, love the misting and those flowers, stunning.

Rita Barakat said...

This is so lovely Stacy!!! I espcially love those flowers - who knew?! And I understand too, recently I have been re-evaluating my priorities as well!

liana suwandi said...

hi stacy... beautiful layout, love all the misting and stunning flowers. Hope you have a wonderful weekend as well my dear :)

Cynthia Lloréns said...

Stacy..I just love those flowers...they look so pretty!!!!I make same and I love the effect !!Your LO is just great ...so many wonderful details...as always!
The Creating Keepsakes was a great magazine!!!
Stacy have a wonderful week!!
Kisses and huges
Cynthia

Anonymous said...

Fantastic Stacy!!! Those flowers are perfect and the pictures are lovely :-)

Fabi Ormerod said...

Hey sweetie!!! Loved this page, Id add to my lift list...lol. Cheers/Hope we see each other this year too!

Elisabeth Helland said...

lol, you know what? this monster is here in my house as well, in Norway! hmmm mabye relative?...

your LO is adorable.....love the colors and the misting....