javascript:void(0)

Friday, October 15, 2010

Prima Friday

Here are a couple Prima projects I did recently.  Playing with Prima's beautiful papers, flowers and crystals always makes me happy!  This layout is based on the October Build-a-Page:

The papers are from Prima's Paisley Road collection.  To get the pearlescent color and shine on the edge of the pink patterned paper, I added some drops of Ranger's Perfect Pearls and rubbed it around with my fingers.  I love getting my fingers messy when I'm scrapping!  It makes me feel like I'm a real "artiste" . . . LOL! 
 
Here's a card I made last week for World Card Making Day.  I used papers from Prima's So Cute collection to make a little patchwork design.


People have asked me what kind of thread I use when I machine stitch on my projects because the thread  shows up very well.   My "go to" thread for stitching on layouts and cards is Guterman Top Stitch Heavy Duty Thread (I buy it at Joann's).  I love it because it's thicker than regular thread so it stands out better on paper. Of course I also love to hand stitch on my layouts with embroidery floss.

Have a fabulous weekend!!

11 comments:

Scrapthat said...

Gorgeous...no surprise there! TFS!

Jocelyn said...

Just Beautiful!!!! Love the LO and that card....sooooo cute!!

Have a great weekend!!!

Wendy Hammer said...

Your layout is so beautiful! LOVE those colors!!!

Smiles,
Wendy ♥♥♥

My Etsy Shop ♥
My Blog ♥
Wendy Hammer Designs Design Team Call ♥

liana suwandi said...

I love everything that you do Stacy!

Darlene S. said...

So elegant and beautiful! I love your colors and your style! :)

Mel said...

OMG you are seriously the best scrapper, I love your signature sewing on your layouts. Gorgeous.

Tomoko said...

GORGEOUS Stacy!!!!!!! I just love to visit here:D

Keshet said...

That is a STUNNING photo, and LO to showcase it!

Malin said...

That pic takes my brath away and so does that layout!!
Love the rich colors and the flower cluster!
Gorgeous Stacey as always
♥-Malin

Anonymous said...

that card is too flippin cute!!! and just love how you layout captures that sister love!!

Christiane said...

stunning photo and layout!!