javascript:void(0)

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Creating Keepsakes "Amazing Pages" Online Feature

I have a special page to share today. This one is near and dear to my heart (and my husband says it's his personal favorite of all the pages I've created). I took this picture of my daughter at the park a couple years ago, but I remember that day like it was yesterday. This layout was selected by Creating Keepsakes as one of the "Amazing Pages" that they featured online earlier this month. You can see all ten pages here.



The patterned paper is from Graphic 45's Botanicabella line.

I handcut the tree branches and strategically placed them on the page so that they appear to be an extension of the tree in the photo. I painted the branches with Shimmerz for a little sparkle.



I cut clouds out of cardstock and used them as masks before misting the white cardstock background with blue and green. Then I added puffy paint which puffs up like little clouds when heated.


I used crackle paint here, both on the cardstock layers around the picture and on the little wooden fence. I made the little "stepping stones" out of Sculpey polymer clay.



Thanks so much for stopping by!! Have a great week!!

18 comments:

Kristi B. said...

I think this is my favorite page by you also. So creative, beautiful photo & awesome creativity Stacy! :)

BabyBokChoy said...

I agree, this page is utterly amazing!!!!

Heather said...

Very beautiful! You are so creative!

CatherineScrap said...

OH WHAT A WONDERFUL LAYOUT !!!
I love the clouds with painting and the bordery (sorry for the mistakes)
It is a fantastic idea
bisous
and thanks for your visit (don't worry if don't understand the text I never discuss a lot on my blog lol !!)

lucyfee said...

omg!! GORGEOUS!!!

Paulien van den Bosch said...

I totally understand why your DH thinks that this page is brilliant.
It simply is.!!!!

Judith said...

This is amazing stunning and truly beautiful. x x x

Cindy Groh said...

Love the clouds in this LO. Great job.

Suzzi said...

Breathless!

Awesome. It not only was beautify, but it really pull the photo in and makes it one. Your absolute best!

Márcia Elisa Ferraz said...

Wonderful!!!

Wendy Kwok said...

Congrats! Very creative! Love it

Jamilie said...

Very nice and SO creative!! Love the entire page! You did an amazing job!

Lynne Forsythe said...

Oh my heavens Stacy.....I'm just shaking my head....FABULOSO!!!!

Pearl said...

Congrats on being featured , Stacey ! well deserved ! love all the techniques you've used here !

Suzanne said...

Wow, Stacy, totally amazing! You're such an inspiration! Check out my blog, you're there! :-)
http://oscrappyday.blogspot.com/2009/10/contest-layout.html

Jaluza Scrap said...

Lindo!!!
Me encantei.

Iris said...

Stacy, this is out of this world! You have one amazingly creative mind!

domi95 said...

whou ! it's beautiful layout!