javascript:void(0)

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Another Graphic 45 layout and a challenge

Lately my layouts don't feel complete unless I have some kind of stitching on them -- either hand or sewing machine stitching. I was so excited when I saw Graphic 45's new Domestic Goddess line, which incorporates lovely vintage sewing elements. I created a layout with the fabulous papers from this line and I incorporated lots stitching (both hand and machine).

<span class=

<span class=

<span class=

I added a plethora of vintage sewing goodies that I found at estate sales -- needles, buttons, a snap package, lace, and measuring tape. I made the flower out of a vintage sewing pattern and fabric.

And speaking of sewing, I'm hosting this month's challenge on the Graphic 45 ning site. The challenge is called "A Stitch in Time." All you need to do is create a layout with Graphic 45 papers and use stitching/sewing on your page, then upload your page to the challenge thread on the Graphic 45 ning site before August 31st. You can also find the info on the Graphic 45 blog. The winner will receive a Graphic 45 paper pack! Everyone is welcome to participate, so come on over and play!!

12 comments:

Teresa Loop said...

HOLY CANOLLI! Now that is a cool idea! I tried to crochet (once) and wasn't instantly good at it.... needless to say, I stil with what I can do. =)

Love the page, thanks for sharing!

Katherine said...

Oh, WOW! This is amazing! I love all the vintage sewing embellies :)

Mieke said...

Love the layout! The edge is so cool! I'm gonna check out the G45-ning soon. Love a good challenge.
Thanks,
Mieke

Nancy D. said...

Wonderful lo Stacy..I love everything about it!

Kathy said...

Another truly amazing LO Stacy! This must have taken you hours and hours! You inspired me with your 2 Cute LO that I had to give it a try. You can check out my blog to see what I did if you like. Thanks for sharing your amazing talents!

R. Dorrian6 said...

WoW! I love all the hand crocheting. Would you please share HOW YOU CROCHET on the papers WITHOUT TEARING them? Do you re-enforce them? And if so how? I'd love to try this but I'm afraid I'd get half through and then tear the paper. Thanks!

Stacy Cohen said...

Thanks for all the sweet comments everyone! It's much appreciated! Renee, to answer your question about how I crochet on paper, I simply punch holes with my crop-o-dile and then crochet carefully. I don't do anything to reinforce the paper. When I crochet on heavier cardstock like Bazzill, it never tears. When I want to crochet on patterned paper, I first back it with cardstock. Hope that helps!!

Judith said...

Super fantastic this is gorgous i love it ALL x

Kristi B. said...

Oh Stacy! Can I borrow your scrappy talents for just a day please? This layout is awesome from the crocheting all the way down to the photo. :o)

Anonymous said...

DANG!!! This is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!!

Michelle Quinn

Linda Beeson said...

Wow, the stitching just goes with those amazing papers! Great layout.

Wendy said...

your work is just fabulous! would love to know how to hand stitch around my work like you do!