javascript:void(0)

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Queen & Co. -- Fun with washi tape and twine

Washi tape and bakers twine are hot, hot, hot right now in the scrapbooking and cardmaking worlds.  Queen & Co. has a HUGE selection of both these popular items.  Check out Queen & Co.'s Trendy Tape and Twine Twist.  I recently had the pleasure of designing some projects with Queen & Co's newest tapes, twine, and rhinestones.

First up is a layout I created. I cut out stars in varying sizes, then I placed the Trendy Tape (aka washi tape) on another sheet of cardstock behind the openings. 


I outlined the stars with the twine. 


When I finished the layout, I had the cut-out stars left over.  I didn't want them to go to waste, so I used them to make a card.  I covered them with strips of Queen & Co's Trendy Tapes, then I matted each star on black cardstock. I added a rainbow of twine and rhinestones.


These bright colors make me very happy! 

9 comments:

Kelly_Deal said...

Cute! I love what you did with the tape!

Romy said...

Wow, so gorgeous! I love the stars and colourful twine against the white cardstock base.

Tamika said...

beautiful this page certainly sparkles!

KC Inspired said...

I love the stars on both the layout & card. The background on the card is superb!

Laina Lamb said...

LOVE what you did with the tapes!!!

Faygie Fellig said...

love love love it! your work makes me happy!!!

Ruth G said...

Very bright and fun! Love the stars and the combination of twine and tape!!! TFS!

Patricia said...

very very beautiful...

Irene McBeatle said...

Hi! I'm writing an article about Clean&Simple style and would love to show your work as an example (with back link and copyright info, of course). Could you please give me permission?