javascript:void(0)

Friday, October 7, 2011

Just 5 more weeks . . .

Just 5 more weeks until the CRAFT Beach Retreat on November 11 - 13!   I'll be teaching at the event along with these very talented ladies: Amy Tan, Ly T. Le, Linda Barber, Paige Evans and Rachel Kaufman. I have all the lovely Prima products in my hands and I'm in the process of creating the layouts for my workshop.

The title of my two-layout workshop is "Bridging the Gap".  The first layout will be about a past accomplishment and the second layout will be about a dream or a goal you have for the future.  It will prompt you to see how the skills you developed in reaching your past goal can be used to reach your future goal.   We'll be working with Prima's Romantique and Printery lines to create layouts full of texture, dimension, and lots of feminine touches.  You'll get to play with a variety of mists, inks, chalks and glitter.  There are still a few spots left at the event, so I hope you'll join me!

This unique event follows the approach of Scrapbooking from the Inside Out ("SFTIO").  It's the idea of using scrapbooking as a form of self exploration, self expression, and self discovery. The result is meaningful pages and projects that reflect who you are, both inside and out.

I recently got to play with one of SFTIO's gorgeous monthly kits:  the "Growth" kit.   I created a layout that will give you an idea of the concept behind SFTIO and the CRAFT Beach Retreat.

 

The "Growth" prompt got me thinking about growing older.  The journaling talks about how I'm not as concerned about getting more wrinkles or grey hair (thankfully there's Botox and hair dye to the rescue!), but rather the fact that as time marches, life as I know it right now will inevitably change.  My kids will get older, my parents will age, people will move on, etc.  But that reminds me that I need to sit back and enjoy the "now" and appreciate all the gifts I have today.   Living in the present and not fretting about the future is what I consider growing old with grace.

Enjoy your day!!

6 comments:

Nay and Gilly said...

Fabulous layout Stacy! So inspired by not only your gorgeous scrappings but also by the beautiful person you are inside and out!

luv Renee

Ella Swan said...

Wow you did a great job here Stacey - very inspiring - love the heartfelt journaling!

Elisabeth Helland said...

Love the journaling, the set-up, and teh colours you have used here on this LO...thank you so much for sharing

Unknown said...

Such beautiful page, Stacy!

Einat Kessler said...

Stacy,I love your LO.first the title and journaling are really close to my heart.The color combination and the flower layers give the LO such a bright and happy feeling.

Blossom inch said...

beautiful page Stacey!